The aim of the Postgraduate Degree in Marriage and Family Education is to provide a solid anthropological foundation, based on which students will acquire the tools required to understand human dignity, marriage and the family.
The Postgraduate is a flexible online programme that will give you the tools you require to understand human dignity, marriage and the family.
The Postgraduate will teach you how to analyse the family as a source of education and personal growth.
The Postgraduate will teach you to develop virtue within the family.
Through this course, the Institute for Advanced Family Studies (IESF) offers a comprehensive study of family life, via a methodology which is suitable for parents and for professionals who work in the area of education or family enrichment.
Module I. Anthropology of the person and family
Unit 1. Philosophical Anthropology
- Who Are We? The Person
- How Are We? The Structure of the Person (I)
- How Are We? The Structure of the Person (II)
- How Are We? Fields of Human Action
- How Are We? We are Relational Beings
- What Are We for? The Meaning of Human Existence
Unit 2. Anthropology of Marriage
- The Anthropological Basis of Marriage
- The Person as a Sexuate Being
- The Characteristics of Marital Love
- Matrimonial Consent
- The Nature of Marriage
- The Family in Society
Unit 3. Love Between a Man and a Woman: The Gift of Self
Module II. Developmental psychology and family education
- Affirming the Person
- Toward the Fullness of Love
- The Sincere Gift of Self
- Human Communication
- Communication between the Family
- Building Character within the Home
- What Is Temperament?
- Understanding Your Child's Temperament
- Sound Judgment
- Intergenerational Relationships