Información del curso
Today's product advertising, marketing and development models fail to keep up with the pace of social evolution and the way we live our everyday lives. Because of this, never has it been more important for a professional in any field to keep in touch with the consumer's culture, expectations and experience.
The Postgraduate lays out the knowledge and tools students need to identify the major consumption trends, understand their impact and apply them successfully to business contexts. It is structured in a series of complementary modules that follow the chronology of research project development and includes a practical assignment to be carried out in collaboration with a real organisation.
The Postgraduate is divided into complementary modules that follow the development stages of research projects: History and Theories of Consumption, Consumer Behaviour, Industry Structure and Applying Consumer Trends Research to Decision-making.
- The first module examines the consumption system and the different theories that analyse the existence and propagation of trends.
- The second module focuses on understanding consumers, how they think, feel and behave.
- The third module takes an in-depth look at the dynamics and rules underlying the functioning of industry today. The fourth module is on understanding how consumers respond and what forces are driving companies. It takes an in-depth look at how business decisions are made by using studies of consumer trends and behaviour.
This Postgraduate course is geared towards graduates and professionals who, beyond a mere curiosity that proves essential in today's world, are eager to take on the knowledge and skills needed to play a leading role in designing concepts, services and products to suit new consumers.
It proves of particular interest to professionals who wish to turn trend research into their field of expertise or those who wish to work in marketing, publicity or design and would like to learn how to capitalise on the value of trends in their daily tasks.
Access to the course will be limited to candidates who are able to show proof of a university degree or equivalent. Candidates who lack the requisite university qualifications may access the course based on their professional achievements. In this case, IED Barcelona will, at its own discretion, decide as to the type of qualification they will be given.
Idiomas en los que se imparte
The aim of the Postgraduate is to help students to construct the critical vision required to identify why things happen, which forces are driving change and how these changes represent new opportunities for businesses.
- Identify major consumer trends based on a variety of online and offline sources.
- Analyse consumer trends by learning to identify how and why they come about.
- Understand the impact they have or will have on different sectors of the economy.
Find out more about our payment options and special conditions.