This MBA will be conducted in English
Ostelea-EAE Hospitality and Tourism Management MBA is designed with the objective of training the future leaders of the tourism sector: directors, professionals and entrepreneurs equipped to manage business projects in the tourism and hotel sector at the very highest level. To this end, this programm, developed with EAE Business School- internationally recognised business school*-focuses on the development of executive skills and aptitudes of a strategic nature.
This MBA is also conducted in Spanish in Madrid, in Barcelona and Online methodology
*top 35 world best business school according to the Economy America 2017 ranking
Reasons for studying the Hospitality and Tourism Management MBA at Ostelea:
- Residential programs
- MBA students have the option of taking an international residential program in Tourism at Saxion (Holland), in Finance at ESG UQAM (Montreal, Canada) or in Cross-Cultural Marketing at Kean University (NJ, USA) (at an additional cost).
- Campus to Campus: Option of taking part of the program at Ostelea's Madrid campus. (accommodation not included).
- Executive Skills
- Management Experience: The MBA program developed with EAE Business School allows students work out the key competences for managing projects effectively, Soft Skills.
- Business Game: The program applies a learning methodology based on business simulations, involving the challenge of understanding strategic planning through practice and execution within a context that is a highly realistic reflection of the real world
- Series of meetings with executives from hotel and restaurant companies, and international tourism consultants.
- Program for developing executive competences: Tourism Skills Development Program (TSDP).
- Case study method: The main learning methodology applied throughout the MBA program, which places participants in real business situations so that they have to analyse them and propose their own solutions.
- Employability and Entrepreneurship
- International internships in companies such as Hilton, Tundra Hotels and Melia Hotels, among others learning tourism management.
- Students who want to set up their own business have access to the Entrepreneur Project, offering advice and guidance.
- Employability-focused tuition: Professional Careers programs, Employability Week, Employment Forum, Graduate Programs, among other initiatives (subject to demand).
- Doing Business in Spain Seminar: Entrepreneurs in Spain share their insight into the key factors to take into account in order to be successful and competitive in the Spanish market.
- Other key features
- International faculty: Some of the contents on certain courses will be taught by lecturers from Ostelea's partner universities and business schools.
- Research Group: Members of the Master faculty form part of EAE's Multidisciplinary Tourism Research Group (GRIT-EAE), the scientific output of which focuses on the field of international tourism management.
- Seminars on Hospitality (Barcelona) and Sustainability (Madrid).
- Language: English or French.
Ostelea's Hospitality and Tourism Management MBA is divided into 6 modules:
- Global Environment and Markets
- Human Resources Management
- International Management
- Corporate Internationalization
- Master's Thesis
- Elective Courses
The program has the folllowing characteristics:
- Workload of 75 ECTS credits - 540 learning hours (in classroom)
- 45 ECTS credits from signatures
- 15 ECTS credits from final master's project
- 15 ECTS credits from specialization in Hospitality
- Program description
- Monday to Friday, from 9:00 to 14:00
- 25 learning hours every week
- Duration: 9 months