The Master in Fashion Management teaches experts all about innovation in the world of fashion including project management, strategy planning and the basic principles of business management.
This course provides the theoretical and practical know-how to overcome today's fashion market challenges and efficiently manage the full cycle – from the product's conceptualisation all the way to the shelf and into the customer's shopping bag. As well as talks, conferences and workshops, the course includes two trips to cities around Europe such as Florence or Paris, ending with a final personal research project.
Fashion is a complex system and clothing is just a part of it. In this context, the role of a fashion manager is to identify the target's needs and turn them into opportunities bearing in mind production, distribution, branding, marketing, communication and service.
The teaching programme is divided into 1 Common Modul and 1 Specific Module. The Common Module subjects are shared by all Master's degree courses because they lay the groundwork of a common culture for the entire IED Barcelona community. The Specific Module is the proper course and develops the professional specialization.
Common Module: It promotes a common culture to the IED Barcelona community. It is made up of classroom subjects around communication tools and personal promotion.
Classroom common module: Communication tools and personal promotion
- DESIGNING FOR THE MANY: Project common to all Master courses in which multidisciplinary teams of students solve challenges launched by a company, thus enriching their project portfolio.
- DESIGN TOUR: Visit of Barcelona with the aim to know the city from the point of view its culture and the creative people producing their work within it. The Design Tour is specifically designed to match with the aim of the master course.
- PUBLIC SPEAKING: Develop confident, clear and creative public speaking skills. Students are trained in their ability to express concepts persuasively and work is also done on body language, reading and non-verbal language practice.
- PORTFOLIO AND PERSONAL BRANDING: The portfolio resumes the progress and competences acquired during the course. It's a communication tool that incudes the professional and the academic experience and shows the student's personal branding.
Specific Module: Own set of master content through which professional specialization is developed by combining theoretical and practical classes, visits, conferences or workshops.
- Specific module of the Master in Fashion Management Students are proposed to approach Fashion and Innovation from an integral point of view so during the master, students deal two realindustry projects focused on proving all the skills developed. The learning process is complemented frequent seminars and workshops to debate and discuss about main concerns.