The ability to create modern, attractively designed page layouts and accurate printed documents is highly valued in design companies and many other types of business today. This course provides both the technical know-how and an understanding of the principles of visual language, to give you the confidence to make design decisions and help you develop a 'good eye' for design.
Whether you are a creative individual looking to learn specific techniques or are looking for a technical skills boost for your CV, this course will give you a solid introduction to the Adobe Creative Suite 6 applications Photoshop, Illustrator and Indesign. Teaching emphasises ways of working that integrate the creative and production potential of all 3 apps, for efficient ways to produce contemporary and multi-layered graphic designs.
What you will learn:
- Creating and modifying graphics in Photoshop and Illustrator
- Combining images, graphics and type in Indesign
- Creating contemporary communications design relevant to the subject
- Selecting typefaces and using type as a design element
- Working with a variety of layouts - posters, leaflets and multi-page documents
- Developing efficient ways of working using styles and templates
- Managing and updating complex documents using links
- Understanding colour and how to prepare and proof a CMYK document for printing